Monday, July 19, 2010

Can't believe it's been 20 years!

One of the primary reasons for my trip to CT this week was to attend my 20-year high school reunion. I was unable to attend the 10-year due to military commitments. I remember writing a letter back then to the committee wishing everyone the very best. I found out this weekend that they actually read my letter at the reunion. Here's a ten-year-old Thank You for that!

A few of my friends and coworkers in WI had told me that their 20th was the most fun of all the previous reunions. You figure after twenty years that most everyone has settled down in their lives and have put away the cattiness, the jealousy, and the prejudice. They were right. Even though I had not attended any previous reunions, I wasn't going to miss this one...and I'm glad that I didn't! I had such an awesome time reconnecting and talking with everyone who was there. I'm pretty sure I got to every one too. If I missed anyone, call me and we'll talk.

I had an absolutely great time!! I was in awe! The location was breathtaking. It was held at Tyrone Farm, a 160 acre country estate that was established in 1749. Gorgeous views of the area! I thoroughly enjoyed hearing about everyone's life travels, what they are up to, and how they got there. I had no idea we had so many teachers in our class. There were so many, they could have staffed an entire school themselves. Thank you to them! Teachers often have thankless jobs, so Thank you. You are an integral part of our country's future.

Business owners, lawyers, doctors, teachers, and musicians...we've got it covered. But it really doesn't matter what you do. It only matters that you enjoy what you do and that you enjoy the people in your life. Each and every one of us at the reunion, and all the others who were not there, all traveled different paths to get to where we are today. Some realized their childhood dreams. Others realized dreams they created later in life. And some are still working on it. Put me in that category. I'm not there yet. I'm not even sure what my dream is. I have learned a lot of life lessons over the years. I've learned to appreciate friends and friendships while you have them, because you never know how long it will last. I've learned, and still trying, to appreciate life. I don't care much what I do in life, only that I am happy living it.

To all of my classmates ~ Time may have passed...Our paths may not have crossed in twenty years...but we will ALWAYS remain connected by the years we spent together growing up in a small town. You are all AMAZING people! I love you all!

Here are some pictures from my time in CT 

No comments:

Post a Comment