Sunday, July 1, 2012

Loving You Sunday Morning

What's better than one Barylski in Milwaukee?  How about two? Hahaha.  My brother arrived in "Brew City" yesterday. He got lucky in that he missed his connecting flight to Milwaukee, so was delayed about an hour and a half. He's been wanting to experience Summerfest for quite a while now and finally got his chance.  

After helping my friend Mark make some progress building a tree house, we headed down to the Summerfest grounds.  On the docket this night was none other than the Scorpions. Based on the massive crowd they drew the last time we saw them at Summerfest 2010 (I also saw them back in 1988), we knew to arrive a little earlier to the stage if we wanted to get decent seats. This was my first show at the brand new BMO Harris Pavilion and I have to say I really like the new venue. Not a bad seat in the house. The seats were all on an incline toward the stage, kind of like in the Marcus Amphitheater, but not exactly. It was more of a gentle slope.  The sound was amazing too. I will definitely look to see more concerts at this stage. Hopefully they will replace the rock stage with something like this. Great job Milwaukee World Festival, Inc.!

Upon first arriving at the stage, Animation, a Rush tribute band, was playing. I'm not a huge Rush fan, but my brother is.  They were decent though. The next band was Moxy Roxx.  Never heard of them before and maybe for good reason. They really weren't that good at all. Nearly put me to sleep albeit for a few songs that had good beats. We weren't there to see them anyways.

Right about 9:50pm, the Scorpions took the stage and proceeded to rock the house. This is their farewell tour as the band is retiring. Sure we've heard that before. Hasn't Kiss done like three farewell tours?  The Scorpions have been around since 1965 though and at age 64, lead singer Klaus Meine can still hit all the notes. What an amazing performance! They played all of my favorites including "Holiday", "Blackout", and "Big City Nights."  



With this being my brothers first time at Summerfest, I think it was successful. I'm trying to give him a good taste of Milwaukee. Summerfest, food from Saz' so far. Brunch today. Lakefront Brewery tour tomorrow. Should be a great week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment