Saturday, June 30, 2012

The name of the band is...

Cowboy Mouth!  Last night was my second day at Summerfest. Already started out this year by missing the first day. No worries, there are still 8 more to go. Since there wasn't any big name band that I was dying to see, last night turned into somewhat of a walkabout night. Arrived on the grounds just before 6:00pm to see Your Villain My Hero. They are a cover band that covers mostly pop music. We've seen them pretty much every year for the last three or four years. Very entertaining band. Once they finished, was time to walk around. A stop at JoJo's Martini Lounge is always on the agenda. Checked out the brand new BMO Harris Pavillion. Very nice new stage addition to the grounds.



The beer...shame on me for not mentioning the beer. Last year, Leinenkugel's and 10th & Blake each brewed a special Summerfest beer, Summerfest Amber Ale and Big Gig IPA, respectively. This year, for the festival's 45th anniversary, Leinenkugel's brewed a special Summer FesteWeizen.   It's a Bavarian Style Hefeweizen brewed with malted wheat with a creamy finish. Very flavorful with notes of bread and banana. It's a must try for SF goers.

Headlining at the Miller Lite Oasis stage last night was Fun. I've listened to their album and wasn't that impressed, but they did have a good song or two, including the one everyone knows, "We Are Young." My friends camped out at one of the picnic tables in the back, not needing to be up close for this band. Though, judging from the massive crown of people (mostly teenagers), there was no way they were getting any closer than they did. The intense crown reminded me of the crowd for the Scorpions a couple years ago. Crazy packed!  Fun came on at 10:00pm. I heard the first couple of songs and decided to take a walk with some other friends I met up with. I figured, with only one album, they would play "We Are Young" at 10:55pm.  I was dead on correct too!!  In between, I checked out Cowboy Mouth. I had never heard of this band and had no idea what to expect. Turns out they were a lot of fun. The drummer/singer had so much energy. I bet he'd be a blast to hang out with.

A calmer, quieter night at Summerfest compared to other nights.  Today, my brother flies into Milwaukee. He got tired of hearing me talk about Summerfest and wanted to experience it for himself.  Going to be a great week.  Tonight I'll let my brother choose what band we see. I have a feeling it may be a retro night with the Scorpions and ZZ Top both headlining stages.

No comments:

Post a Comment