Monday, July 1, 2013

Don't Stop the Party!

After hanging at a friend's house on Saturday, my brother and I went to Summerfest last night, his first night on the grounds. As we pulled into the parking lot, I noticed we pulled in right behind my friends, the Hansons. So we ended up hanging with them all afternoon. Another night that I wasn't sure who to see, my intention was to check out Social Distortion. Although, we could have saw Alice Cooper (saw him last year) or Silversun Pickups (again). We walked from the North end to the South end to discover that we could get in to see Pitbull with Far East Movement...FREE! FREE tickets to Pitbull?? Why not?!?!

Now, anyone that knows me, knows that, while I have a very wide range of musical likes, I have a tendency to lean towards the rock/hard rock/heavy metal genre. I do surprise people sometimes though.  But if I told you that five of the first six bands I saw at Summerfest 2013 were going to be DJ/rap/hip-hop/dance music, you would have laughed at me, right?  It's true folks!  Brother Ali, Atmosphere, LL Cool J, Far East Movement, and Pitbull. Who would have that that possible?!

Some DJ entertained us for about 20 minutes before Far East Movement too the stage somewhere around 8:30pm. I'll be honest and tell you that I really only know one song..."Poppin bottles in the ice, like a blizzard. When we drink we do it right gettin slizzard." They may have played for about 45 minutes or so, but it was energetic and entertaining. These types of concerts are new for me, so I'm not sure how to judge them. Much different than watching a rock band, because most everything is electronic and/or pre-recorded and mixed. Lot of fun though.

Right at 10:00pm, Mr. Worldwide takes the stage. Talk about a nonstop, insanely-awesome dance party!! We were that close due to the location of the FREE tickets, but it was still a pretty awesome show. The crowd went crazy!  Just like any other concert, I think I would have enjoyed it much more had I been closer. I've added more pics...check them out.



Summerfest is closed today. Not sure what tomorrow will bring. Again, not many bands I want to see.  Styx? AWOLNATION?  Damn, I sure get spoiled having this awesome 11-day festival in my backyard. Guess we'll have to see.  Until then, keep on party rockin'!!


No comments:

Post a Comment