Saturday, February 2, 2013

I'm gonna break my...

After nearly twenty years away, Soundgarden returned...and they haven't lost a step. Soundgarden played at The Rave in Milwaukee, WI this past Friday, February 1. Burst onto the music scene in 1984, years before the grunge era took the music world by storm, Soundgarden often got lumped into that genre. Sure there are similarities with some of the darker, mysterious lyrics, but Soundgarden definitely has more of a hippy, bluesy, rock to their sound. What an amazing show!

Leading up to the concert, I had checked out some of the setlist from their tour and saw that they were playing anywhere from 25 to 30 songs every show and changing it up every night. I knew I was in for a treat. With no opening act, Chris Cornell took the stage with the other members of Soundgarden and proceded to play no-frills, no bullshit, rock n roll for nearly two and a half hours. Twenty-seven songs in the setlist from every one of their albums. They performed many of my favorites, leading off with Been Away Too Long and playing others such as Jesus Christ Pose, Spoonman, Outshined, Rusty Cage, Fell On Black Days, and one of my favorites from their newest album, By Crooked Steps.



I did notice that the crowd was a bit older than many shows I go to, but that's to be expected. Many younger kids may not know who Soundgarden is, especially since they have been out of the limelight for some time. But everyone should know that Chris Cornell has one of the most amazing voices in rock n roll. Amazing show! Amazing band! If they come to your city, I strongly recommend you see them!  Oh and before I forget, check out some pictures from the show.

Stone Sour and Papa Roach one week followed by Soundgarden the next! Wow, what a fantastic start to my 2013 concert year.  Stay tuned to who I see next.  Keep on rockin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment