Monday, January 28, 2013

I'm looking at you through the glass...

Don't know how much time has passed
Oh, God it feels like forever
But no one ever tells you that forever
Feels like home sitting all alone inside your head

How do you feel? That is the question...

I feel freakin' awesome!! First concert of 2013 in the books...Papa Roach and Stone Sour at The Rave last Friday, January 25th. Great show! I've seen Papa Roach a few times, but this was my first time seeing Stone Sour.

Despite having some recent health issues and having had vocal surgery in 2012, Jacoby was full of energy and all over the stage. I thought his voice sounded great as he belted out some of Papa Roach's greatest hits - Scars, Forever, Getting Away With Murder, and Last Resort - as well as a few from their newest album - Still Swinging, Before I Die, and Give Me Back My Life. If you haven't heard Papa Roach's new album, I recommend you check it out.


After a short intermission, Stone Sour took the stage and proceeded to rock the house. The last time Corey Taylor was at The Rave was for his solo tour promoting his book. That's the last time I've seen him anyways. They kicked the night off with the first two tracks off their latest album, House of Gold & Bones Part 1. Later on in the evening, Corey revealed that Part 2 would be coming out this Spring. The setlist was jam packed with solid Stone Sour hits...Digital (Did You Tell), Made of Scars, and others. For the encore, Corey slowed it down a bit. He started playing the first verse of Alice in Chains' Nutshell before flowing right into Bother. Finishing the night with 30/30-150 was absolute killer!

Oh, I did take a few pictures.

Pretty awesome first concert of 2013. It's only going to get better. Coming up on February 1st...SOUNDGARDEN! That should be epic!  Other bands coming soon to Milwaukee include Alice in Chains and Bullet for My Valentine. I'm sure there will be more great shows coming and that's all before Summerfest 2013 hits Milwaukee.  Until the next show, keep rockin' my friends!!


No comments:

Post a Comment