Saturday, January 26, 2013

Happy New Year!

So what if I'm more than three weeks late! It's still new and it's still Happy! In fact, there's quite a lot that has happened since my last post, which happened to be my 40th birthday and probably one of my best days of 2012. So let's catch up.

Plenty of good times were had after my 40th birthday...

...I went zip lining up in the Peshtigo River area at Wildman Adventure Ranch. That was so awesome! Definitely have to do that again! On the return trip, stopped in Green Bay to check out Lambeau Field and Titletown Brewing Company.
Titletown Brewing Company


...went to Chicago to celebrate friends getting married. Of course stopped in at Goose Island's Brewpub. Not sure where the pictures are. Good times! Congratulations Ray and Alexis!

...went to the Harvest Fair at Wisconsin's State Fair Grounds and spent time at The Micro to sample Autumn Seasonal beers from many craft breweries. I finally killed my first keg!
The Micro
The Autumn Beer List



...saw Rise Against and Gaslight Anthem at The Rave, my final concert of 2012.

...the month of September I was really busy...busy buying my new home! I finally decided to plant some roots here in WI and purchase a house. I closed on October 1. It was exciting and stressful all rolled into one. You homeowners out there know what I mean. Check out my new home. So much storage, I don't know what to do with it. It's also still quite empty, but I have plenty of time to fill it.

...I had an awesome house warming party in November. Opened up my new home to my friends and we warmed it up!

...in November, we did a small, Milwaukee-only brewery tour that I set up. Started at Milwaukee Ale House. No tour here, just sampling some of the fine beer on tap. the Best Place at the Historic Pabst Brewery for a historical tour of the old Pabst corporate offices. Yes, beer was included. It's very cool to learn the history of beer in Milwaukee and to also learn and see how the new owner is renovating the building. Last stop was a tour of Sprecher Brewing Company.

..each year at work, we have a two-week long employee giving campaign, consisting of many activities, raffles, and fun events to raise money. For the last seven or eight years, a couple friends and I coordinated and ran Office Olympics. We passed the torch last year and this year was the first year we were able to participate. So much fun! I ended up as Grand Champion for 2012!

...December saw a road trip to Potosi Brewing Company. It was a 2 1/2 hour drive to get there but sooo worth it. Food was fantastic and the beer excellent!

2012 finished with a low-key New Years Eve celebration at my new house. Nothing too exciting. Just a few friends enjoying some adult beverages and having a good time.

The new year is full of promise and hopefully some choice opportunities. Only three weeks into it and things look promising.  From a music perspective, some great new albums have been released and the concert scene is shaping up very nicely. Looking forward to seeing Stone Sour, Papa Roach, and Soundgarden. Also coming to town are Alice in Chains and Bullet for My Valentine, which I plan on seeing. Never a shortage for concerts. As the weather eventually starts warming up, the many ethnic and music festivals will begin.  Milwaukee is a great place to live!  Cheers to 2013!


No comments:

Post a Comment