Monday, August 27, 2012

Milestone achieved

I just turned 40 yesterday (August 26th). It's definitely a significant birthday, but not for negative reasons. They say 40 is the new 30 and I am inclined to believe it. I'm a firm believer that you are only as old as you feel. Most often I feel like I am 5 to 10 years younger than I really am. I do my best to eat healthy and stay active. I surround myself with good people and fill my life with various activities. Though it's only been a day or two, life at 40 is great!

I celebrated by birthday on Saturday and, let me tell you, it was a fantastic day! Nearly 20 of my friends joined me on a riverwalk boat brewery tour. We started out at one restaurant, Molly Cools, and got on a boat that took us to two breweries (Milwaukee Ale House and Rock Bottom) before returning to Molly Cools for dinner. The tour included two drinks at each location. Rock Bottom had their basement tasting room set up with a bunch of drinking games such as bags, beer pong, flippy cup, and giant jenga. I played giant jenga, but lost. We all had such a great time.

Life is great and it will continue to get better. I am truly blessed to have so many great friends and family in my life. I want them to know how much they mean to me and how much I value them. I've always been told to treat people just as you would want to be treated and I live by that rule. This weekend I felt honored that so many of my friends joined me to celebrate my milestone birthday and we had an absolutely fantastic time!

Thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment