Wednesday, May 9, 2012

"Don't ever let life pass you by"

Great lyrics from a great band...Incubus.  Friends and I saw them last night at the Riverside Theater in Milwaukee, WI. Amazing show! I've been wanting to see them for several years, but they haven't been on tour since like 2008. So finally I get my chance.

Tickets were general admission, which I thought was odd considering the Riverside Theater normally is a numbered seat venue. I knew the show was sold out. I just wasn't sure what to expect upon arrival. What I didn't expect was the line waiting to get in to be so long. It wrapped around the building, alongside the river, across the bridge the next street down, and back down alongside the river on the other side. People had been waiting in line since 4:00pm.  We arrived about 6:30. Hey, we weren't the last ones in line. Fortunately there isn't a bad seat in the house.

There was no opening act, just about an hour and a half of great music from Incubus. No frills. No talking. No stories. They just flowed from one great hit to the next. Lead singer, Brandon Boyd's voice is simply amazing. He has such a powerful voice and vocal range. In some ways he is similar to Chris Cornell. Both are outstanding vocalists. Incubus played all of my favorites and even a couple of obscure songs that I wasn't that familiar with, such as Earth to Bella and A Certain Shade of Green. With so many great songs from their albums, the setlist was awesome from the top to the bottom. 


I thoroughly enjoyed this show. Live music has a way to clear your head and feed your soul, especially when it's a great band like Incubus.  Check out the pictures from the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment