Monday, February 21, 2011

It's going to be a great year!


In the words of Rock N Roll Legend Joe Walsh...

Lucky I'm sane after all I've been through
(Everybody sing) I'm cool (He's cool)
I can't complain but sometimes I still do
Life's been good to me so far

2010 was a really good year for me. Chock full of good times and great memories. I've seen a slew of concerts, starting the year with Bullet For My Valentine. In June there was the first ever Verge Music Festival, a new alternative two-day music festival. Among the bands I saw there were Crash Kings, Eagles of Death Metal, AFI, Three Days Grace, and Weezer. Just a few weeks later I did what many of my friends said couldn't be done and attended all 11 days of Summerfest - 311, Skillet, Scorpions, Hawthorne Heights, Chevelle, Red, Silversun Pickups, and many, many more. What a great time that was! WJJO Band Camp (an all-day metal show people!) in August and several other concerts. If you've been following this blog, I've written about these events and shared my experiences. In July, I attended my 20-year high school reunion and had a fantastic time. Daniel Tosh show in November. Brewery tours. Wii Rock Band parties. 

I finished the year strong with a trip to Boston to visit a good friend. We took in the Patriots vs. Packers football game and drank lots of beer, but that's nothing new. Then I drove down to CT to spend the holidays with my family. It wasn't all smiles and laughter as my grandfather passed away the week before Christmas, but we made the most of it. Back in WI, New Year's Eve was a great time.  Spent the evening with friends and made some new ones. We drank and danced our way into the new year.

So far a lot of good things have happened in 2011. I started my final class in pursuit of my Bachelor's degree. I'm very excited about finally finishing! I found out some great news regarding my WI state veterans eduction benefits. I, along with a few friends, went on the inaugural Milwaukee 2 Madison Beer Run, a bus tour from Milwaukee to Madison with stops at three WI breweries. There was the Church Pub Crawl. Yes...churches and beer...but it's better than it sounds. We toured churches, which were very educational as well as historical, and stopped at pubs in between. The jury is still out, but I might be coming off of the best weekend of the year. More about that another time. 

It was during my trip to CT that my brother and I proclaimed that 2011 was going to be a great year for the both of us. It's certainly off to a great start!  So what's up next? Not sure, but I'm definitely looking forward to a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment