Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Remember Pearl Harbor

Today is December 7, 2010, the 69th anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor. My family and I happen to be very lucky and proud to have a Pearl Harbor survivor in our family, my grandfather, Andrew Barylski, Sr. He is 94 years young and can recount that fateful day as if it happened yesterday. He's something of a celebrity back home in Putnam, CT. He participates in parades, has had the occasional speaking engagement, and has had numerous articles written about him and other Pearly Harbor survivors and WWII veterans. Here is an article published in today's edition of the Norwich Bulletin.

I am very fortunate to have been able to hear firsthand accounts of this amazing historical and infamous event in history. I am very proud!

There are only about 3000 Pearl Harbor survivors alive today and the number of WWII veterans lessens each year. If you happen to meet one of these veterans, please shake their hands and say 'Thank You'. These are real heroes!!

Thank you Gramps! Love you!

Andrew Barylski Sr. with my brother Army Sergeant First Class Dennis Barylski

No comments:

Post a Comment