Friday, September 3, 2010

School is in session

The Fall semester officially started for me yesterday. I'm taking two classes this semester towards my Bachelors degree. I'm happy to say that I am just 3 classes away from completion. Two classes this semester than I'll take one more in the Spring. I'm excited that it's so close to being finished.

I've been taking college classes since 2003. First attended Waukesha County Technical College where I took classes at night. Now I am attending the School of Information Studies at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and I've been doing the entire curriculum online. Let me tell you that taking online classes takes a different kind of discipline. No time and place to be at each week, just due dates for assignments and posting comments and material online. 

Like I mentioned, I only take two classes each semester. I think that is about all I can handle with a full-time job. I tend to put a lot of pressure on myself. I over analyze and over-think the assignments and end up putting way more into the classes than I really need to. It will all pay off in the end. It will definitely feel great to finally be done.

On a different note, but related...I had a crazy thought the other day. If I had any inclination on trying to go back on active duty in the Marines, I could be a Marine Corps Officer.  Just saying


3 comments:

  1. What is your focus of study for the Bachelors?
    Does being a Marine Corps Officer utilize what you went to school for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Information systems and technology and yes, as a Marine Corps Officer, I could utilize this education

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are only few blogs that really provide quality information to readers. This blog is one of them.

    online industrial hygiene masters degree

    ReplyDelete