Friday, May 13, 2011

Winter rolls into extended Winter which rolls into...Where the hell is Spring?

Not a lot has happened since my last entry. The Wisconsin weather has been unfair so far in 2011. It's May and we may have hit 60 degrees three times, if we are lucky. On top of that, it's been raining all the time. April showers spilled over into May. I'm not complaining though as it could be worse. In a way I'm glad it's been cold and rainy because I have an injured foot. An injured foot means I can't golf or run. When the weather is nice, that's a difficult pill to swallow. My foot is getting better and hope to be on a golf course and back running within a couple weeks. Which is good, because I'm scheduled to run Summerfest's Rock n' Sole 10K and I need to get in some training for that. I'm not worried. I'm looking forward to that challenge.

I'm sure I mentioned that this was my last semester at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Yeah buddy! Just finished with my last class and I'll be walking across the stage to accept my diploma in just over a week. So, so elated to be finished with my degree! It's been a long eight years.

Let's see, what else has been going on?  I've been really focused on school. I've also taken some time out to have a little fun. I saw a couple of concerts. Back on April 23, I saw Chris Cornell perform an acoustic show at the Pabst Theater. That was a great show. Chris played a variety of songs from Soundgarden, Audioslave, Temple of the Dog, and his solo stuff. He threw in some covers too...Michael Jackson's Billie Jean, Led Zeppelin's Thank You, The Beatles' Ticket to Ride, and finishing with John Lennon's Imagine. A very powerful performance. Check out some pictures of Chris on stage.

Summerfest has released their stage headliners for each of the 11 days. I'm not overwhelmed with the bands that have been booked. As it is, I may go every other day.  We'll see if that holds true once they release the rest of the lineups. This may very well be a year for the early bands. I am excited to see Rise Against, 10 Years, and Hollywood Undead.  Stay tuned for more on Summerfest 2011.

Next weekend, my brother comes to Milwaukee to attend my graduation. Going to be great to see him and hang out. We'll be hitting The Rave to see Disturbed. We are going to have a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment